Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Handyman for Hire

I posted the below notice to some local friends, and the response was incredibly supportive. In fact, I had to be careful with my scheduling since it got very busy right in the first week. What a beautiful showing of outreach and support. I couldn't have found a finer group of folks... Friends.

My email request went something like this ...
... "I'm hoping to earn some extra funds for my China trip. If you have any tasks or handyman work around the house that you've been needing to get done, please consider letting me help you with these items in the next couple of weeks.

Lifting, painting, yard work, light carpentry, pet/child sitting, cooking, cleaning, errands, music(guitar) lessons, studio recording/producing(I have a home studio), video production, PC lessons, home computer help, Internet tips/help, blog/vlog website setup, etc. ... "


So far, after about a week, I've done some pruning and yard work, shovelled up a gravel walkway, worked on some website design, removed a swing from a really high tree branch, repaired some old wooden siding on a barn, laid plastic under a porch while fending off wasps, giant Wolfe spiders, black widows, and ticks, done some laptop revival and data recovery, and even helped get some folks set up on skype so we can talk overseas for free.

I can only guess what tomorrow will bring. (Actually - gutter guard installation!) It has been a great way to spend time with close friends, to help, and to be helped. Thank you to all who have reached out in this way.

Here are a few of my adventures...

Yard work and gravel at Sandy's!




Take down a tree(tall!) swing at Beths






Gutter Caps at Roberta's!




Windows and pruning at Betty's





Window cleaning at Joe's place




Painting a hallways at Doug and Marsha's


No comments: