Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sophia's Turn

In preparing for this trip to China, I will get rid of lots of things that I won't need while in China. My Suzuki Savage motorcycle is one of those "things."

A woman named Sophia came to check out my Suzuki Savage motorcycle that I've had listed for a week or so on Craigslist. She was looking for a good starter bike.

She rode it around the parking lot a few times. I encouraged her to take it down the neighborhood road one time to get a better feel for the bike. The skies were getting dark with storm clouds, but we were both excited about a possibile transaction... so she went, even though it was thundering in the distance.

3-4 minutes later, Sophia pulled back into the condo parking lot, with a smile on her face. We had a deal. She put a $200 deposit down, and we agreed that she'd pick it up later in the week. I joked with her that this way I'd have a few days to say "good bye.." One last ride or two.

Looking back, I'm surprised at how much I have enjoyed riding that thing around, and saving some cash every month on gas.

Even though I was way too big for the Savage, she was good to me. But now, it is Sophia's turn.

No comments: