Monday, September 15, 2008

Upgraded to Better Room

The hostel decided to put Denisa and I in a double, for the same price. So, we now have a room to just the two of us, rather than shared by four people. For about $8 / night, that is about as cheap as you can get in such an incredible city. So, we are quite happy about that. Though we still need to be sure to lock up our important stuff at all times.

One of our student colleagues was robbed in her apartment, so we are all being extra cautious about our belongings. I bought a new cell phone last week, and it dissappeared. I am pretty sure it was pick-pocketed when I was out at a club the other night. I've had a cell phone for about 10 years, and never lost one. So, that one would just vanish out of my front pocket seems unlikely. At least they only cost about $20. I got a new one today. If I could find a phone leash, I'd use it!

No comments: