Sunday, August 31, 2008

12 years into 2 bags

OK, so the SUV sale took up a few hours of much needed packing time. While I was elated that the sale went through in record time, the reality of the pending flight schedule was looming ... the next 12 hours would be intense.

2 check-ons, 1 carry-on, and a laptop. When I reached this point, it was a huge relief.

The carry-on bags by far took the most time. In those bags, all the appropriate documents, gadgets, and things needed for survival in the first few days. Lots of planning goes into those bags. Once they were done, then the bigger check on bags. Still, filtering 12 years of US style living into 2 bags of clothing is a challenge. I was hoping to go with Denisa to their place at midnight, but that deadline came and went. It looked like it would be an all-nighter!

Sure enough, 4am rolled around, and I was ready to go, a slight drizzle outside, the condo completely cleaned out and prepared for the renter, and me, ready to get on the plane for some shut-eye!

The last glimpse of my home, farewell Quaker Landing!



No comments: